Why the number 22 matters to me
I believe everything happens for a reason… and on my travels with Rebekah Scott Designs, I got to meet Chris with the DTOM22/0 Foundation where I learned of his mission to help eliminate veteran suicides through several methods, including using horse therapy on his veteran’s ranch. Because I grew up on a ranch, love horses, lost my oldest brother to suicide, and love to help others by giving back, I KNEW meeting him was no coincidence and I HAD to share this information with all of you so we can join Chris and help him make a difference and spread much needed awareness!
Things to Know about DTOM22/0
- Chris, the Founder and CEO, is a 7-year veteran of the United States Navy and through his personal struggles with several injuries, started this foundation to help our brave heroes that sacrifice so much.
- The mission of DTOM22/0 is to lower the number of veteran suicides per year from 22 per day to zero. The 22 veterans and their circle of family and friends means 3,000 people are affected every day by these suicides.
- The Ranch is located in Warner, South Dakota and is one of only 4 ranches in the US using a special horse therapy with great success.
- The DTOM22/0 Foundation Website
- More info on The Ranch and Equine Assisted Draper Sensory Method Therapy
- Aberdeen American News article on Chris and Max (that has gone national)
- How you can help
- If you or someone you know are in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or contact the Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741741.
- Listen to this podcast episode with Mrs. South Dakota International about her mental health awareness and suicide prevention advocacy organization called “A Different Kind of Lifeguard” for additional information.
- Shop the RSD Honor Collection during the month of November 2019 and all donations will go to the DTOM22/0 Foundation.
Your Next Steps:
- Subscribe to The Encourager Podcast on iTunes, Stitcheror wherever you listen to podcasts to make sure you never miss an episode! New shows air on Mondays when we are not on a break.
- Write a review on iTunes to let us know you enjoyed the show! Reviews mean a LOT to us and help us spread our message of encouragement and hope to other women just like you!
- Sign up for The Encourager email list and get helpful info, home hacks, my favorite recipes and more!
- Join us in The Encourager with Rebekah Scott Facebook group, a free group for podcast listeners to hang out, talk through the episodes, encourager one another, and access additional content.
- Shop The Encourager store for products, personal coaching, Encourager Mastermind Groups and more!
- Let us know your thoughts! Have a podcast idea, comment, question, or thought? Click here to send us an email!
We got this Encouragers!